Making these 30x30cm collages is instinctive and purely about the process. Not just the process of making each collage but of making the series. The idea is to make without thinking, trying to avoid design but finding oneself tensioned between the two poles.
This is also a data gathering exercise. The current status (14 october 2020):
- Start date not known but in September 2019 (first recorded date is day 2 of making: 15 September 2019)
- 35 days of making over a year
- 505 collages
- 45.45 sqm
- Mean (average) number of items made in a day to date: 14.85
- Mode: 6, 7, 11 and 19
- Median: 11; has ranged between 9 and 16 (i.e. the range of the median)
- Range: 46; has been in the 40s most often (i.e. mode of the range)
- Most productive day: 9 September 2020 (48)
View the latest data live.
Materials: contents of recycling bin, paper, packaging.