Making these 30x30cm assemblages is instinctive and purely about the process. Not just the process of making each one but of making the series. The idea is to make without thinking, trying to avoid design but finding oneself tensioned between the pure act of making and the desire for aesthetics.
This is also a data gathering exercise. View the latest live data. The current status (30 May 2021) is:
- Start date not known but assumed to be 14 September 2019 (first recorded date is day 2 of making: 15 September 2019)
- 66 days of making, spanning 2019, 2020 and 2021
- 939 assemblages
- 84.51 sqm
- Mean (average) number of items made in a day to date: 14.23
- Mode: 3, 7 and 15 with 5 each
- Median: 13; has ranged between 9 and 16 (i.e. the range of the median)
- Range: 46; has been in the 40s most often (i.e. mode of the range)
- Most productive day: 9 September 2020 (48)
Materials: contents of recycling bin, paper, packaging.